Yes- he’s eating pizza AND needs a haircut…don’t judge! 🙂
My Grandson (Mr. Caiden) is a picky, little MONKEY who has me wrapped around his little finger (just sayin’). One of his first words was PIZZA (not good) so we try to redirect him toward more nutritious foods whenever we can. He LOVES this chicken salad (which means he doesn’t try to spit it out, feed it to the dogs or throw it on the floor). This recipe is very Gastric Bypass Friendly too if you can tolerate finely chopped veggies! It’s good for low fat lovers, low carb lovers, high protein lovers and just lovers of chicken salad in general.
- 2 Fully Cooked skinless, boneless Chicken Breasts (finely chopped)
- 2 Hard Boiled eggs (finely chopped)
- 1/2 A Small, Red Onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Baby Carrots (finely chopped)
- 1 mini box of raisins or 1 tablespoon dried Cranberries (I swear this is good- trust me)
- 1 Tablespoon Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- Low Fat Mayo to Taste
Mix ALL the ingredients together.
Voila! Chicken Salad!
Serve on Whole Wheat Bread, in a pita, a wrap, alone- however it may float your boat.
Makes 2 Adult servings or 4 to 6 Toddler servings
Sorry- no pic but honestly…you know what chicken salad looks like, right?!